
So, I know it's been a while since my last post. And, I'm sure you can guess why. Disarray. That is the word I choose to describe this stage of my life. Of course, we moved, and now the real work has begun. Thank you so much to all of you who helped us move. We managed to get it all done in a few hours with just one cracked chair and possibly a leaky washer to show for it (the thing was a pain and I think we may have jarred something loose in the process because it is now sitting in a little puddle after doing a few loads). Our home, to say the least, is a little in disarray. The above picture is not an actual picture, however it is reflective of how I feel. Every night we've been starting or finishing one project or another. Whether it be fixing sprinklers, mowing the lawn, pulling up carpet, taking down asbestos, taking up nail boards, or pulling out staples. The good news is, we've accomplished a lot in a week's time. We almost have the two upstairs bedrooms completely ready to paint, we've got all the carpet out and are getting ready to remove the rest of the asbestos tonight, and almost all of the sprinklers are fixed. I know we have a couple months left of living in a construction zone, but it's encouraging to get little projects done. Oh, by the way we found out our front window has a bullet hole in it. Add one more expense to the total- a new window. What drive by shootings are happening in Bountiful. Must be the little league knot hole gang up to no good.
On another note, Kate's mom said that we need to put more pictures of Mae on our blog. I agree. We do need to freshen it up. The problem is two fold, we have a new camera and downloaded pictures would entail installing the computer software, and we don't have the internet at home yet (another reason for infrequent blogging). So, I hope that this will tide you over.





4 comments:
Judging from the picture, I can't really say that I like what you have done to the place. I hope things are coming along....
Hey Jordan- I found your blog on Jana's. Curtis and I just wanted to say "hi." Congratulations on your new home and your beautiful baby girl. We bought a home in Kaysville several years ago and we had to do a lot of work to it...so we know how overwhelming it can all be:) Good luck with everything!
I added your blog to ours so maybe now we can keep in better touch.
darling! mae, i mean! let us know if you need help with the house. we're pretty great at that kind of stuff ya know?
sounds to me like you have been going to town on that house! I am proud of you. Darling pictures (of Mae-not the house) you should be taking pictures of your improvements as you go along--notice i didn't say post them...because of the lack of internet! Granny Yospe
Post a Comment