
I know, I know. Everyone and their dog is blogging and talking about this "historic night." I just have one thing to say. It's 9:41pm and Obama has been declared the winner. The popular vote has Obama up 45 million votes to 42 million votes for McCain.
Now, if this tells you much about our country... David Cook defeated David Archuleta 55 million votes to 45 million votes.
When it's all said and done, nearly as many votes will have been cast for a meaningless singing competition as for the leader of the free world.
5 comments:
People that are too young to vote for president can vote on American Idol. Maybe that accounts for some of the discrepancy. . . I'll tell you though- Brian and I didn't change our address on our voter registration when we moved (I didn't even know you were supposed to!) I couldn't find mail with my name and new address so they refused to let me vote! No wonder people our age don't vote.
C'mon now. It's a well-known fact that you can vote a ton of times for AI. On FM100 they interviewed a girl who had texted over 1000 text messages.
And yes, I know I come from a family of teachers but I do support school vouchers.
Ike... I realize that. That's why i said nearly as many votes will have been cast, and not nearly as many voters will have cast their ballot....
Well, at least the right man won. I would have texted my vote for him 100 times if that is how we elect our President.
Maybe the next election should be more of a variety show format... I bet it'd get great ratings and great voter turn out... Or, maybe a "text your vote" during the debates format...
Post a Comment