PDA- Personal Digital Accesory. WRONG... For you older crowd, PDA is Public Display of Affection. The other day, while at lunch with work friends, there was a couple eating at the respective eating establishment that were holding hands accross the table. We were in a group of 8 or 9 people, and one of the single women with us said, "Ew, yuck." To which, another single woman said, "I know, it makes me wanna throw up!"
Now, just to take a moment to explain, I don't go to lunch with women from work. Calm your trouble heart kate. There were 7 of us, of which were 2 were women. I know I don't have to say this, as Kate doesn't really ever worry about that.
Anyway, back to the story. What is so wrong about 2 people holding hands accross the table. The conversation continued and one of the girls mentioned how she hated it when people sit on the same side of the booth at a restaurant (I know there's a sienfeld reference here). I said, "Kate and I sit on the same side sometimes." And, they both exclaimed, "Really?!" in shock an horror.
Now, my question is this, what bothers these girls (and girls in general) so much about some of this PDA. I mean, it's not like the couple in the restaurant was making out or were all over eachother. I mean, this was nothing like junior high Lagoon Day, or the high school prom. It was two people holding hands across a tape!
I have one theory on this, and one only (however, I am open to others if you have opinions of your own). These women were simply jelous.
7 comments:
Hmm, interesting. I would be willing to bet 98% of people are not offended by the site of two people holding hands - even if it is across the table.
Here are some follow up questions - are these two ladies in a relationship? Are they ugly ladies?
Finally, the people holding hands were a man and a woman, correct?
Abe, No, they are not in a relationship, and I am unwilling to say if they are ugly, as that as subjective and some work people have been invited to view my blog, so I wouldn't want anything to get back to them. Is that answer enough?
Yes, the two holding hands were man and woman.
i thought you were being careful--that people at work viewed your blog...you just blewit! anyway--I agree with you about pda. I love to see people "discreetly" in love across ( or next to each other) at a table. I think a casual (or short romantic kiss) is always great on a date. I love to sit on the same side of the table as dad, too. I really like to see farewell scenes at the airport--flowers, crying...hugging. It is very romantic.
Well, I would be worried, but these particular women don't currently know/have access to our blog. They're not ugly ladies. That's not what I meant to imply
Duh. Holding hands? Really? Shocking! Josh and I sit on the same side of the booth every time we go out to eat. And hold hands. Eat your heart out ladies!
We always sit on the same side of the booth/table. Sometimes the wait(er/ress) looks at us funny, but I'm already over that. I'd go with bitter and jealous. Hand holding, short kisses, and hugs are welcome in public in my opinion.
I'm pretty sure you're on the right track:)
Post a Comment