Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Potty Training 101


I bought the Elmo undies and the candy and the potty chair and the book. We were ready to go! Within 20 min we had changed 3 pairs of undies and I was ready to throw all of it out the window (except the candy, I needed that for myself). I just didn't get it. Mae went in the potty consistently the day before, and kept her diaper dry, but then when I pull out all of this fancy stuff and use a doll to show her how to go in the potty she wants nothing of it. So I got onto Potty Training Power and they said that the potty training experience should help you bond with your child. So I threw Potty Wise out the window and started having fun. I sing with Mae and we do a potty dance when she goes. It is all fun. We are taking the fun road which might be a little longer, but we are having a good time. P.S. Thanks Ash and Hol for the picture and for moral support!

4 comments:

Haley and James said...

You're welcome to come over while you're potty training her. We have a rug that is waiting to be christened...just as Ashton christened yours. Isn't that what friends are for??

JD and Alicia said...

Good luck!

Heather and Jake said...

haha cute pic. She seems so young for the potty already, but i guess she's acting ready! what a big girl. keep havin fun

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

I'll have to remember this when I'm in the same position all too soon. Thanks for sharing!