I love when people are able to see the beauty in things that may seem a little dated. I found this makeover on-line of a T.V. stand. Now I am totally on the look out for one of these. I can't wait until garage selling season is back!! Sometimes the D.I. is too expensive (what can I say, I'm super cheap!) Wouldn't Mae fall in love with this little kitchen?

7 comments:
Oh my gosh- how adorable is that?! What a great idea! PS- totally belated, (like, embarrassingly so), but I hope you had a GREAT birthday!! I was thinking of you. :)
That's an awesome little makeover! Such a cute idea, and I could totally see Mae loving that. Can't wait to see the one you create later this year! :)
That is incredibly adorable. I'm might b on the look out too:)
Ha ha-that last comment was actually Lindsey
I was just thinking the same thing as Lindsey...I might be looking for one, too! That's super cute and a good idea!
Ok, I am TERRIBLE at checking other people's blogs, maybe because I'm always behind on mine. Since I saw you guys tonight though, I decided to check out your blog! It's probably been a year...embarrassing.
Anyway, I saw this idea on tv once too, but they never gave instructions on how to do it. And I don't have a girl to do it for. Some day I'll get my girl...
However, we HAVE an entertainment center with the exact same set up as your picture. It's also outdated with the light colored wood, BUT unlike the one pictured here, it's made of real, solid, heavy wood that's in perfect shiny condition. I've actually been afraid to update it (paint it black and distress it), or do anything else with it, for fear of destroying a nice piece of furniture.
If we decide to sell it before we move this summer, I will let you know, so that you can beautifully re-purpose it better that I ever could :)
Thanks Melanie! You shouldn't be afraid to paint it or stain it. A little paint can go along way to making something fun in your home. You should just trust your gut and just go for it!
Post a Comment