Wednesday, October 26, 2011

To See the Little Mermaid


When we heard that the Little Mermaid was coming to St. George to the Tuacahn theater we knew we knew we had to take Mae.  Grandma and Grandpa Ammon kindly agreed to come with us to take care of Henry.


Mae loved the show!  It was so fun, it was a combination of Broadway Music mixed with an outdoor amphitheater with a fully functional river, and a waterfall completely covering the stage that they projected onto.

We were so proud of Mae, she stayed awake durning the whole thing even though it ended after 11:00 pm. After the show ended we hurried out so she could meet Ariel.  We found the waiting line right away because it was all roped off.  And we were only the second ones in line.  


Jordan and I thought, "This is PERFECT! We might be able to use this to bypass Disneyland for a few years!"  We waited, and there she was! 


And then it was Mae's turn...



But then something strange happened...



She didn't want go!?



So Jordan had to hold her up while I snapped a quick picture.
What's wrong?  She must be tired,  maybe she was feeling shy, maybe she didn't like Ariel...

It wasn't until the next morning when she woke up, that she was finally able to tell us.
She hated the prince's PONYTAIL!
(Boys should NOT have long hair!)



Mae has 11:30 PM & I hate boy's ponytails written all over her face. (But the Little Mermaid and the Prince were so so nice and kind, especially considering since they had been performing for three hours.)


2 comments:

Heather and Jake said...

haha I love that that was her reason! So cute. Kids are so funny. Glad you guys were able to see the show,and hope you're having lots of fun right now!

Haley and James said...

Hilarious! I love this story. I'm with Mae...ponytails on a prince??