Saturday, April 26, 2008

Top 10 Vacations



I've been itching for a vacation as of late. I'm sure this is only natural. Our last vacation was in September/October to Italy and France. I'll include some pictures for your enjoyment on this blog. It seems that, ideally, I'd love to go on a vacation every 3 months. I know, a little unrealistic. Well, here are my top 10 picks for vacations of my life. I'll admit, I've been very fortunate to have been so many places.

10. The 50th Anniversary of the NBA in Cleveland- All Star Game with my Dad. We went for 4 days and went to all of the All-Star Events. We also got to go to a private party after the game where a lot of NBA greats were hanging out. They announced the 50 greatest players of all time and all those alive were present.

9. Vegas- Whether this be for Football or Basketball games, or just for fun. We would go quite often for the WAC Tournament growing up to cheer on the Utes, but have also been for some bowl games and regular football games. I've also gone with Kate's fam a couple of times. Vegas has really put themselves on the map as both a romance destination, but also a family friendly vacation spot. "Brooklyn Bridge" in Vegas.

8.Disneyland/Disneyworld- This ones' an obvious choice. Disneyland is a classic. I've been fortunate enough to probably go 20 times in my life, whether on trips with my family, Kate's family, or school trips. It is always a classic destination. Disneyworld- Only been here once, but a comparable destination to Disneyland. A little better of a park, but much better surrounding theme parks. Me and Kate on "Small World."

7. Hawaii- Though I've only been there once, this has to be one of the most beautiful places in the world. It definitely lived up to expectations.

6. San Diego- A classic destination, and though a tourist destination San Diego seems to maintain it's quant feel. This is one of Kate's Family's favorite destinations.
On the beach in San Diego.


Me on my bike in San Diego


5. New York- I've been here 3 times, once with my family to pick up my brother from his mission and see church sites, and twice with my mom to go stay with my aunt. I am lumping all of this region together (Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, etc.) though NYC has to be the highlight. The grandness of the city is overwhelming. New York with Cousin Christine

4. San Antonio- One of my all-time favorite destinations. I went here on a school trip. It's a very unique city with it's riverwalks and Spanish touch. And, the PeeWee Herman Alamo jokes never get old.

3. Mexico- Where this be on Cruises (3 to date with trips to Mazatlan, Porto Vallarta, and other cities), or at an all-inclusive resort in Cancun. The beaches are incomparable and the deals to haggle for.

2.San Francisco- I've been here a number of times, whether with the fam or my dad. This was one of my favorite destinations as a kid as we'd go to San Diego on the beach and then travel to San Francisco and see the wharf, Alcatraz, and china town. To me, San Fran has it all- the beach, the big city, the little city, etc. Later in life I have fond memories of going there with my dad for a 49er's game and later with my brother and dad for a Utah bowl game. However, San Fran became one of my all-time favorites by taking Kate there on our honeymoon. We loved the laid back feel and easiness of getting around and getting, as I said, a bit of everything! Poinsettia Bowl

San Francisco on our honeymoon.

Kate's Fam in San Francisco

1. Europe- This is for obvious reasons. I would in no stretch call my mission a vacation, but it was definitely a beautiful place (Italy). I also got to travel to Switzerland a few times during my mission as we had a sliver of it in my mission. My mission included beautiful landscape, architecture, and history. My love for Europe only increased as my parents picked me up and I was able to see the beaches of Cinque Terre, the famous art of Florence, and the Vatican and coliseum of Rome. This love only grew with my opportunity to return with Kate last year. We were able to visit Venice (An all-time favorite), and Paris. I fell in love with Paris. It was completely different than I thought it would be, but in a good way. It was much bigger, but that made it all the more fun. Cinque Terre

Paris
Venice


Hope this information helps as you plan your next vacation. We had to scrimp and save to go to Europe, however some of these others may be affordable alternatives. Although, there's always St. George if all else fails. My end all, be all would have to be my grandparents cabin in Island Park, Idaho. Minutes away from Yellowstone, and a relaxing place to play, 4 wheel, go on walks, play horse shoes, and play games with the family. It will remain one of my fondest memories growing up.

Horseback riding at the cabin.

1 comment:

Cheeseboy said...

Very nice list. Wait until you your 4 or 5 year old to Disneyland. It will soon be at least #2.