In light of one of my brother’s putting together a list of his Birthday gift list, and another listing gifts that Santa would bring to the Amish, and Kate telling me to put together a Christmas wish list, I’ve decided to blog on both the good and the bad. This is my list of desired gifts if I were to attend that magical Oprah episode where she shamelessly plugs her sponsors, and any other company that’s willing to fork up $500K in cash and another $100K in merchandise for the clamoring audience members.
- An Extreme Home Makeover. Last season Kate and I watched an episode of Queen Oprah’s show where she did precisely this in her attempt to capture some of the gold that ABC found in this show. Why, you might ask, do I want a complete home makeover when we just finished remodeling our upstairs. Simply because they don’t remodel or “make-over” your house, they completely tear it down and build you a brand spakin’ new one, all while paying off your old mortgage. How nice would it be to live in a brand new house, and only have to pay the taxes? Though, I would probably just sell it for the $$$ a year or two later if I ever won such contest. I am certain that ABC has had thousands of entries of people faking one malady or another just for a free house… I’m not so low to ever attempt that.
- Kate and I have discussed buying a new, nice TV. I would ideally like a 40-50 incher. But, we’ve set some goals for us to achieve in order to get there, so this is probably a ways down the line. 5-year plan, flat screen upstairs, projection tv down. Just what we need, to watch more TV, right?
- One of my brothers (one of the above aforementioned), recently bought the infamous iPhone. I must say that I have indeed been impressed. Would I like one? Of course! Do I need one? Probably not because I would always, always be playing with it.
- Now a reasonable gift idea for Kate (unlike some of the previous, which we could not afford at the moment). I would like 2 more Wii controllers and the Mario Kart adapters (4), as well as the game Mario Kart. This could prove fun for the whole family, as it recently did at my grandma’s cabin.
- I think Oprah should give the whole world some of her money. Oprah’s recent net worth was estimated at $2.7 billion dollars. If she were to split that up and give it all to the American people (around 300 million of us), that’s be $8.89 a person. Enough for us all to go buy 2 happy meals, or eat around 500,000 cows. And, I’m sure that that is precisely what Oprah would have us do, right Oprah? So, give us your money!
- Fabio
- Our annoying TV antennae that keeps losing the stations (I’m ready for dish… Kate… not so much)
- Oprah’s Favorite Things Episode
- That extra weight I’ve been carrying
- The big dogs our back door neighbors have… actually, just the entire house behind ours.
- Oprah and her liberal ideas that she pushes on middle class American women (I don’t want Oprah necessarily to go, as she does a lot of good, just don’t put some much faith in her Suburban House Moms).
- These Darn Elections!
- Apparently, all the money we had in the stock market?!
- Drippy faucets… oh, wait… problem solved… I think.
- Meredith from the Office… sorry, just not my favorite character.
1 comment:
Jordan, just how much Oprah are you watching?
I am a suburban house mom, er dad, and I resent your liberal bashing comments. I don't do something just because Oprah tells me to. Now if you will excuse me, I need to go read my O! magazine, reading my Dr. Phil book and put up my Obama yard sign.
Post a Comment