Sunday, January 4, 2009

Reflections on a Great Holiday!


So, here are some of the amazing things that happened the Christmas Holiday. Hopefully I can muster up some time to post some pictures as well sometime.


  • Kate and I got to go to a movie without the baby. No offense to Mae, but going to a movie with a baby (which is what we've done with the last 3 we've seen in a theatre) is less than enjoyable if that baby happens to wake up or fuss. We saw Benjamin Button. Kate liked it. I wasn't as big a fan. It was almost 3 FULL hours long, and just dragged on a bit.

  • We were able to finish a lot of odd jobs around our house, including hooking up our fridge's water line, taking down Christmas lights/decorations, etc.

  • We made a trip to the Road Home homeless shelter to drop off around 50 wrapped gifts for kids that Kate's class both brought and wrapped, as well as a box full of knitted hats.

  • THE UTES WON THE SUGAR BOWL!

  • Mae enjoyed tearing paper off of wrapped presents.

  • Kate loved her new bike and coat.

  • I loved my new Wii video games.

  • THE UTES WON THE SUGAR BOWL!

  • We were able to spend a lot of QT with the fam and with eachother.

  • This is probably a post for another time, but we went to our ward Christmas Party "O Little Town O' Bethlahem theme." I wore a blue bathrobe. I wanted to wear Kate's Pink one, but she wouldn't let me.

  • We watched lots of Redbox movies.

  • We enjoyed New Years with Friends playing games.

  • We ate lots of delicious food.
  • Attended lots of family parties
  • Enjoyed the annual friends ugly sweater/gingerbread house party.

  • and, THE UTES WON THE SUGAR BOWL!

1 comment:

Babe in Boysland said...

Sounds like a great holiday. But I wonder why you didn't mention the Utes winning the Sugarbowl?