Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ice Ice Baby



So, we had some employee shifts at work and I now have the pleasure of sitting next to the Scottish version of M&M (At least in his mind). All day this new neighbor of mine is “breakin’ it down”, trying his best to sound cool in ebonics, and mixing his own name… J- Wica - J- Wica- Aims.


Why does this bother me, apart from the apparent and obvious. Well, first, we are a marketing company… Datamark… in West Valley, UTAH! I know, West Valley may carry some street cred, but not the folks that work at my work. Both J- Wica- Ames, and another employee that sits near me, we shall call him E-Diddy, go back and forth all day mixing and rapping and just all around making fools of themselves. They are 2 of the whitest Utah boys I know. This is, quite bluntly, the second reason it bothers me. Do they know they suck at it? Yes. Do they continue to attempt to busta-ryhme? Yes. This morning, I heard one of them rhyme early with dirty. The rap went something like this, “We’re here at 8 thirty, it’s really early, took a shower and now I don’t feel dirty.”


I feel safe writing this as I know both of them would laugh if they came across this post. But, really guys… who are you trying to kid?!

4 comments:

Esther said...

Don't you think maybe he was trying to rhyme "Thirty" and "Dirty"?
Props to my home-boyzz.

Malizia's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Malizia's said...

Thanks Esther..Wow dude.. You know my scratching and rhyming is actually good...you've even told me, unless you were being dishonest about that. I'd go head to head with any beat boxer in the business. Also saying two of the whirest Utah boys is also very misleading when I just moved here two years ago fron Connecticut. I know you just wanted to sound cool in your post but c'mon I thought we were homies????? Have fun carpooling by yourself next week or better yet you know who you can stll go with...

Ediddy

The Yospe's said...

eDiddy,

Apologies about the unnecessary blog post. As Esther said, i need to give props to the home-boyzz.You are one of those home boyzz! Your beat boxing is actually good. Our other friend, well, you know. His is what it is :)`