Sunday, April 5, 2009

Walking

Kate is always tricking me into walking places. I know, this makes me sound like THE LAZIEST person alive. But, she does it all the time. I don't mind going on a walk, but walking someplace is completely different. I enjoy the occasional walk to the park, or to the store, or to church. However, more than once we have walked to a parents house, or a friends, and thus been stuck as we have a baby, and they don't have car seats lying around. My ideal destination for when I go on a walk is my own home, and I expect to be there within 30 minutes to an hour.

A prime example of this happened today. We left for a walk at 9:30 this morning. It was just going to be around the block, and back in time for the first session of conference. What should happen once we get going? "Jord, let's walk to my parents and watch conference at their house." My response, "How will we get home?" ... "Someone will give us a ride, or give you a ride and you can come get us." Keep in mind we have no carseat with us. Long story short, asking for a ride home has to sound like the laziest excuse for a waste of space I've heard in a long time. So, when the time came, we ended up walking home as well. Darn Kate, always tricking me! Gotta' love her.

(PS. You may be asking why the baby girl Chris Farley Picture. Well, this blog probably makes me sound as lazy as him, because I'm sure he hated walking too. If I had a choice, it'd be like Wall-E and we'd all have Segways. Or, better yet, like Paul Blart... and, No, we have not yet seen this movie, though we are looking forward to renting it).

5 comments:

JD and Alicia said...

we walk to your house, remember? then you offered us a ride home!

The Yospe's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Yospe's said...

you passed the test

JD and Alicia said...

Did kate make you walk over last night? I saw Mae's stroller...

The Yospe's said...

Mall cop was not that good... FYI.