Friday, March 25, 2011

A Consigning We Will Go!



I have been hunting around at thrift stores for things that I could buy cheaply and then consign at abode. I kind of have an eye for sifting through the junky items, and finding the gems. (A task that is way easier when you don't bring along a baby and a 3 year old!) So I packed up 3 of my best items and took them to Abode. I only chose 3 because I was a little scared of rejection and I didn't want to look like a crazy person pulling out 10 dusty items that no one wanted.
I brought a 1950s Taylor antique baby stroller/ walker, a vintage pack of 1950s envelopes still in the box and mostly unused, and the cutest silver breadbox with a key.


They took 2 of the 3 items to consign. Can you guess which they liked?

2 comments:

Megan said...

i think I like all 3 things. that stroller is crazy! I think strollers for 1 baby are such a novelty these days. "Oh look! It's just 1 baby! How cute and little."

Ashley Wilson said...

I guess the stroller and the breadbox- they all sound really cute! You are brave to consign, I've always been too nervous. Did you get anything cute when you were at abode? p.s. if you see a cute bed bench, let me know. I need one bad (because I can't get a chandelier for my bedroom until I have a bench).