Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mr. Goodwill Hunting

**Update: Because I posted this on my blog,
Mr. Goodwill featured us on his blog!!

Did you see him on the Nate Show?


His name is Mr. Goodwill Hunting
Okay, that's not his real name, it's his Hollywood name

Well his speciality is going to Thrift Stores
and finding great things!

That's what I love I'm addicted to.

He said that most things in his house are bought at
Thrift Stores, or on clearance racks. (Me too!)

I wish we had a Goodwill nearby,
But atleast the people that work at D.I. know me by name.
And they hide things in the backroom
that they think I will like.

Not really!  But wouldn't that rock!
(Now Kate, we found this end table that would look nice in your basement...and these chairs that would be divine in your living room...and this book you've been on the look out for...)

I probably went a little too far..
But I love Thrifting!
I actually dream about Thrift Stores and hand-me-downs and I wake up disapointed...

6 comments:

Brian and Lindsey said...

That's awesome! When we get a house I'm coming to you to find out where you got all of your cool furniture pieces:)

Haley said...

Kate you're hilarious. I'm a thrifter myself! My latest D.I. find was a $6 Radio Flyer tricycle! It was awesome. I didn't even have to pull it out of a kid's hands. ha ha

Megan said...

I'm so jealous, Kate. I wish I were a better thrifter. I love D.I.

My Oatmeal Kisses said...

The best day to go to the DI is Tuesdays. It seems less picked over and I usually find good stuff. But sometimes I leave with a crapy consolation toy.

The Extra Ordinary Bree said...

All we have by me is a Goodwill and it's so disappointing... just the stuff that Target couldn't sell on clearance only now it MORE expensive. Boo.

But every once in a while I find something really cool and I buy it and run out of there like I stole it!

The Yospe's said...

Ha! That's exactly how I feel when I find something good. Too bad you don't have any other thrift stores around! You should try a friends swap and give the left overs to the Goodwill.