
Do you ever wonder why people have a mid life crisis? Well I think that it’s because they expected life to go a certain way but it actually didn’t. I experienced this on my mission. Before I went to Paris, I decided about how many people I would teach, how I would teach them and what our relationship should be. Well it turned out to be totally different, but a hundred times more wonderful. I never expected to feel so close to so many people. I never expected to feel apart of Natalie’s family and laugh with all of her entourage as I laugh with my own sisters. I never expected to sit in Nabiha’s tiny apartment eating Brussel Sprouts and feeling like I was at home. Sometimes I would feel so mad and discouraged that I wasn’t the missionary that I had envisioned that I would be, instead of enjoying sitting by the lady on the bus ride home with mismatched socks and a smile on her face.
This brings me to the point. This is life. It will not be like you imagined. But the fun and amazing parts of life take you by surprise. They sweep you off your feet and remind you how wonderful life is. Like tonight, miss Mae fell asleep kneeling in her crib. It was so cute to see her crouched their and so lovely to pick her up and tuck her under her covers. Or like tonight sitting by Jordan and leaning on his shoulder and smiling at all of his jokes. Life is beautiful. We must stop and smell the roses. Because when we do, we capture the essence of life. Authored by Kate.
This brings me to the point. This is life. It will not be like you imagined. But the fun and amazing parts of life take you by surprise. They sweep you off your feet and remind you how wonderful life is. Like tonight, miss Mae fell asleep kneeling in her crib. It was so cute to see her crouched their and so lovely to pick her up and tuck her under her covers. Or like tonight sitting by Jordan and leaning on his shoulder and smiling at all of his jokes. Life is beautiful. We must stop and smell the roses. Because when we do, we capture the essence of life. Authored by Kate.
5 comments:
Yay Kate's first post! did you take a picture of her like that?
I like your insight. It is fun to hear from you.
Amen! That is SO what life is all about! It rarely turns out how we imagine, it turns out even better!
And mmmmm....chocolates. I think I'll have Steve pick some up for me on his way home from class. You started a pregnancy craving just by naming your post what you did.
I loved that Kate :) Thanks for the reminder...I think I needed that tonight!
Post a Comment