Saturday, January 10, 2009

Pros and Cons of Going Private


Well, it's been around 2 weeks since we officially went "private" with our blog.


Here are some of the pros and cons.


Pros:


1) I have complete control over who is able to view my blog. I can regulate the blog so no hobo's or weirdo's are looking at my family or reading my opinions.

2) It seems much safer. No longer will any photos I post float out to the world wide blogosphere or found on a random google search.

3) I can be now be more open about my true opinions on work or other things, and not worry about someone perusing through blogs getting me in trouble with someone.


I'm sure that there are others, but this is all I could think of at the moment.


Cons:


1) I have no control over when people visit my blog. By going private, it no longer lists my blog in a chronological order of most recent post when I do make a post on many of your blogs. In time, I will be very near, or even at, the very bottom. An after thought. People will think I never post, and thus will never take the time to visit.

2) Random freinds of freinds who I've lost contact with will no longer stumble upon my blog. (Though facebook is a good medium for this).

3) The world will not know the truth about things (According to Jordan).

3 comments:

The Fullmers Four said...

This is good to know. I have been thinking about going private. I am just not sure though.

Camille said...

I hear ya. I've gone private with my blog twice and then gone back to public. I just make sure that I have it set so that you can't search it in google. I can see pros and cons to both...I'm so wishy washy!

Esther said...

I haven't read your blog probably since you went private. Just so you know.