Kate was on "Spring Break" Thursday and Friday, so I decided to take Friday off to spend with her and Mae. It was an all around peachy time. We relaxed, and enjoyed the day doing a myriad of things, including renting a movie, going to lunch, and shopping at the Gateway.Around mid-afternoon I decided to go to my parents to see if I could get my old bike working. I pumped the tires up, adjusted the brakes, and I was off. Riding a bike truely makes you aware of how out of shape you are. I was feeling muscles that I hadn't felt for ages, probably since my mission.
For Christmas I gave Kate a bike, and we recently bought a bike trailer to put Mae in. Kate wants to be able to take her to daycare in it, so we rode down to Viewmont. The ride down was not the problem... it was the ride back home. We almost made it though. About 100 feet from our house we had to get off and walk the rest. It was fun. Kate has a pink Shwinn with the old-school handlebars. I told her that she kind of looked like Kermit the way she had her arms reached out to reach the two ends of the handlebars.
(Verbania-Panorama)This reminds me of a mission story. In my second city, Verbania, my companion was in his last transfer before going home. One day, we were riding our bikes to an appointment and he took a corner to fast on a round-about and skidded right in front of a car. The person stopped to make sure he was ok. He had some scrapes and bruises, but overall was ok. Then, the last day before he was to go home, it was raining and we were crossing the street.... what should happen? He gets hit by a car going to fast for the rain. He laid on the ground for a minute, then finally popped up with a back ache. The person appologized profusely and got our number so that they could call later to make sure he was ok. They never called, but I'm sure that the Lord was protecting him that day. My next companion was also almost finished with his mission, and had never been in a bike city before. After riding up a couple steep hills, he made us ditch our bikes for walking and for the bus.
1 comment:
So...it's your friends the Murrays. I want to see you guys on your bikes now after the hilarious image of Kate looking like Kermit. Great dinner by the way.
Post a Comment